Photos from the Farm
Supporting young people with SEND to develop working & living skills
UET Farm is based in Leigh a few miles outside of Swindon.
UET Farm offers an inclusive, therapeutic, and educational space for Children and Young People (CYP) with SEND and complex needs. We encourage and support a variety of outdoor learning and nature-based activities around the Farm. All sessions are bespoke and interlink to help students appreciate the valuable part they play in caring for the environment and each other, learn transferable life and social skills and contribute to a positive sense of well- being.
We do this by facilitating time spent:
- Caring for the animals – chickens, rabbits, ducks, geese & a pony
- Growing in the organic garden and polytunnel
- Designing and making projects from reclaimed wood in the workshop
- Cooking with homegrown produce in the cabin
- Wildlife watching in our pond area
Farm Lead: Jess Halsall